Are you anxious or worried about using traditional methods for removing hair from the body? When searching for permanent solutions to all your problems, laser hair removal will be quite a reasonable option for Melbourne residents. Fresh Skin Canvas offers excellent quality laser hair removal in Melbourne.
Let us know more about this procedure.
What Is Laser Hair Removal and How Does It Work?
Laser hair removal is a procedure used for removing unwanted body hair. A laser usually works by projecting highly concentrated light into the hair follicles. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the light which destroys the hair.
Traditional Hair Removal Methods
There are a number of other hair removal procedures in addition to the modern laser hair removal method including:
- Waxing: A layer of hot liquid wax is applied to the hairy area to remove hair from the lips, chin, bikini, underarms, arms and legs.
- Sugaring: Thick honey and sugar paste can be used to remove hair from various body parts.
- Threading: Threading can be used anywhere on the face for effective hair removal.
- Tweezing: Stubborn and dark hair on the body can be removed with the help of tweezers.
- Dermaplaning: This procedure is used on the face and the neck by gently exfoliating it with a blade.
- Shaving: For the purpose of shaving a razor is used over the skin with a soap solution to remove hair from any body part.
- Electrolysis: This also a method of permanent hair removal which destroys hair follicles.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
There are a lot of benefits associated with laser hair removal like:
- Precision: Lasers are used for selectively targeting coarse, dark hair while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Speed: Each pulse of a laser can treat many hairs at the same time. The lasers can treat an area, the size of a quarter every second.
- Predictability: Most patients have permanent hair loss just after an average of three to seven sessions.
What Does Laser Hair Removal Involve?
It is essential to note that more than a single session will be required to get rid of all unwanted hair. It is advisable to keep oneself clean and follow hygiene standards before, on and after the procedure. After the treatment, there will be a significant reduction in hair growth. The side effects which are present will vanish away after a while.
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe?
Residents of Melbourne must be concerned about the safety of the procedure. It is interesting to know that the process is generally very safe and is not linked to any other long-term side effects. Very temporary side effects like skin irritation and redness can occur but beyond that, there are no long-term effects on the health.
Are All Hair Removed in One Session?
Reducing hair growth permanently varies from one person to another and typically takes about 3 to 10 sessions, depending on the body area and an individual’s physiology.
Is Laser Hair Removal Treatment Permanent?
During laser hair removal the hair follicles are heated to stop the new hair from growing. This puts hair follicles in dormancy for a long time. The effects of laser hair removal can be quite permanent, and clients can see a marked reduction in the growth of hair.
Does Laser Hair Removal Work for Everyone?
This procedure works best for people with both fair skin and dark hair. Nowadays, people with tanned skin can also benefit from this type of treatment.
Can Laser Hair Removal be used on the face?
Laser hair removal can safely remove hair from the face. As the skin of the face is very sensitive and soft, a laser will not damage the skin. In fact, this procedure will only result in a clearer skin and improved complexion.
Factors That Affect Hair Growth
There are a number of factors that affect hair growth in general like:
- Nutrition: Protein and sulphur rich diet are optimum for increased hair growth.
- Exercise: Physical activity helps increase blood circulation and delivers nutrients to the skin.
- Hair Products: Very harsh chemicals can damage the hair.
- Health Issues: The health of the blood like the amount of hemoglobin, drug interactions and smoking can severely affect hair growth.
- Mental Health: A positive attitude affects hair growth and leads to lustrous flowing hair.
Laser Hair Removal: What should I do post-treatment?
The following steps must be taken after the treatment:
- Avoid plucking or waxing the area that was treated.
- Avoid extremely hot showers, for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
- If discolouration occurs, then apply vitamin E.
- Avoid direct sunlight for at least 2 to 4 weeks after the treatment.
- Avoid applying makeup until the skin has healed.
- Keep away from deodorants to avoid irritation.
- Do not scratch the skin or pull it.
- Do not indulge in rigorous exercise for about 24 to 48 hours.
Getting the Best Results: Why Do I Need Multiple Sessions?
Laser hair removal works only in the ‘Anagen’ or growth stage when melanin is the most abundant. Since not all hair is in this stage at all the time, some of the hair needs to be removed when they enter growth stage.
Laser Hair Removal Melbourne Prices
The price charged for laser hair removal can range between $10 to $300. The price depends on the area being treated and can vary depending on the rate charged by the clinic.
Laser hair removal facts
- It is a very popular cosmetic procedure.
- It is a fast procedure and may be completed in about 20 minutes.
- It works on all types of skin.
- Top up treatments may be required later on.
- Only FDA cleared lasers can be used.
- Only a well-trained professional can conduct the procedure.
If you would like to speak to a member of our staff and know more about expert laser hair removal services in Melbourne then please call us today at 03 9481 7272.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL – UPPER BODY
- Hands & Fingers $59
- Snail Trail $49
- Areola $49
- Back of Neck $70
- Front of Neck $70
- Shoulders $70
- Stomach $99
- Chest $139
- Chest & Stomach $199
- 1/4 Back $109
- 1/2 Back $149
- 3/4 Back $189
- Full Back $229
- Full Back & Shoulders $269
- Underarm $49
- 1/4 Arms $89
- Lower Arms $109
- Upper Arms $109
- 3/4 Arms $149
- Full Arms $179
- Underarm & Snail Trail $98
Price Per 6
- Hands & Fingers $45
- Snail Trail $37
- Areola $37
- Back of Neck $53
- Front of Neck $53
- Shoulders $53
- Stomach $75
- Chest $105
- Chest & Stomach $150
- 1/4 Back $82
- 1/2 Back $112
- 3/4 Back $142
- Full Back $172
- Full Back & Shoulders $202
- Underarm $37
- 1/4 Arms $67
- Lower Arms $82
- Upper Arms $82
- 3/4 Arms $112
- Full Arms $135
- Underarm & Snail Trail $74
Price Per 10
- Hands & Fingers $39
- Snail Trail $32
- Areola $32
- Back of Neck $46
- Front of Neck $46
- Shoulders $46
- Stomach $65
- Chest $91
- Chest & Stomach $130
- 1/4 Back $71
- 1/2 Back $97
- 3/4 Back $123
- Full Back $149
- Full Back & Shoulders $175
- Underarm $32
- 1/4 Arms $58
- Lower Arms $71
- Upper Arms $71
- 3/4 Arms $97
- Full Arms $117
- Underarm & Snail Trail $64
ADD ON OPTION: Add snail trail or areola for $20
LASER HAIR REMOVAL – LOWER BODY
- Feet & Toes $57
- Anus $59
- Bikini $60
- Knees $59
- Bikini Extended $69
- 1/4 Legs $109
- Buttocks $119
- Brazillian $69
- Brazillian & Underarms $109
- Lower Legs $189
- Upper Legs $189
- Legs $299
- Legs & Bikini $329
- Lower Legs, Brazilian & U/A $298
Price Per 6
- Feet & Toes $43
- Anus $45
- Bikini $45
- Knees $45
- Bikini Extended $52
- 1/4 Legs $82
- Buttocks $90
- Brazillian $52
- Brazillian & Underarms $82
- Lower Legs $142
- Upper Legs $142
- Legs $225
- Legs & Bikini $247
- Lower Legs, Brazilian & U/A $224
Price Per 10
- Feet & Toes $38
- Anus $39
- Bikini $39
- Knees $39
- Bikini Extended $45
- 1/4 Legs $71
- Buttocks $78
- Brazillian $45
- Brazillian & Underarms $71
- Lower Legs $123
- Upper Legs $123
- Legs $195
- Legs & Bikini $214
- Lower Legs, Brazilian & U/A $194
LASER HAIR REMOVAL – FULL BODY
- Full Body Female $1000
- Full Body Male $1200
Price Per 6
- Full Body Female $800
- Full Body Male $900
Price Per 10
- Full Body Female $600
- Full Body Male $700